Thursday 12 February 2015

Setting up a New Company in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012

Setting up a New Company in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012

In previous versions of Dynamics AX, you could set up companies that represented separate legal entities, but with the new organization model in AX 2012, you can set up organizations that are either separate legal entities or divisions within a company that you want to measure separately.
In my case, I’m just starting to set up my corporation, Stoneridge Software Inc.  To do this I go to Organization administration under Setup and click on Legal Entities:
From there I click “New” to create the new entity and enter the following information in this screen:






New Legal Entity Pop-up

I chose the company code of “SS” (the max is 4 digits) so that’s what will be represented in the title bar when this organization is selected.
There are many options in the Legal entity window, so I’ll start by entering my default language and time zone.  While I’m in here, I’m also going to add in my Company Logo and that option’s on the top of the screen:

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nivas After creation of a company in right side of general fast tab 3 boxes when it is applicable please explain me.

    ReplyDelete