Friday 17 April 2015

Balance Sheet (Financial Statements)


A balance sheet also known as the statement of financial position tells about the assets, liabilities and equity of a business at a specific point of time. It is a snapshot of a business.
A balance sheet is an extended form of the accounting equation. An accounting equation is:
Assets = Liabilities + Equity
Assets are the resources controlled by a business, equity is the obligation of the company to its owners and liabilities are the obligations of parties other than owners.
A balance sheet is named so because it lists all resources owned by the company and shows that it is equal to the sum of all liabilities and the equity balance.
A balance sheet has two formats: account form and report form.
An account form balance sheet is just like a T-account listing assets on the debit side and equity and liabilities on the right hand side. A report form balance sheet lists assets followed by liabilities and equity in vertical format.
The following example shows a simple balance sheet based on the post-closing trial balance of Company A.
Company A
Balance Sheet
As on December January 31, 2011
 
ASSETSLIABILITIES AND EQUITY
Current Assets:Liabilities:
Cash$20,430Accounts Payable$5,200
Accounts Receivable5,900Utilities Payable3,964
Office Supplies4,320Unearned Revenue1,000
Prepaid Rent24,000Interest Payable150
Total Current Assets$54,650Notes Payable20,000
Non-Current Assets:Total Liabilities$30,314
Equipment$80,000Common Stock100,000
Accumulated Depreciation−1,100Retained Earnings3,236
Net Non-Current Assets$78,900  
Total Assets$133,550Total Liabilities and Equity

9 comments:

  1. This financial statement is very helpful. You talk on this site about Financial formula. I have seen your calculation. I found its 100% right information. I am waiting for your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend suggest this site for me. Now I realize that it's so useful link for me. Thanks for this post and also thanks a lot to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am little bit weak in the Finance field. I have been making many mistakes when creating the balance sheet for the clients engineering papers proofreading. I need your help to solve this issue. I am waiting to see your response.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know the balance sheet in two formats but I am facing the problem in account reports that I am creating on the finance thesis topics. Please help me to solve this issue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent post, It has been said conventionally and moreover been given the Goliath methodicalness to this https://www.phdthesisonline.com/what-is-a-cumulative-exam/ site to if you educate a man, you essentially train an execution man, yet if you instruct a woman you teach the whole nation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That i put in the mainly because my favorite chosen browsing and appropriately penned. It's safe to at the same time plan to publish a good source of information for people, what person would like a good cover letter building firm.Also more visit at https://www.capstoneproposal.com/psychology-capstone-project-ideas/ .

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, I have been committing numerous errors while making the asset report for the customers read here. I require your assistance to tackle this issue. I am holding up to see your reaction. Thanks for sharing such a great post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is a good post, thanks for sharing this. It is helpful and informative, We are the best assignment writing service provider, consult with us for more details. Visit us for more details of our Management Assignment Help- https://www.academicassignments.com/uk/management-assignment-help/

    ReplyDelete